Google recently announced a really slick and wow looking report editing tool called the AdWords Report Editor.
The Report Editor is a tool that allows you to engage with your performance data through multi-dimensional tables and charts with drag and drop features (about time. You can now create these tables and charts directly within AdWords, the Report Editor eliminates the need to download your data in order to thoroughly explore it.
Here are some of the top benefits of this new interface:
- A simple drag-and-drop interface lets you quickly build and manipulate multi-dimensional tables and charts, reducing the need to download your data for deeper analysis.
- Multi-segment analysis lets you slice and dice your data with finer granularity in your tables and charts.
- Custom charts let you quickly visualize the patterns and trends in your data.
- Advanced filtering and sorting allow you to filter on segmented metrics (e.g., mobile clicks) and sort by multiple columns.
Here you can:
- explore your data with simple drag and drop actions
- sort, filter, and pivot your data to focus on the slices of information you need
- visualize your data in pie, bar, or line charts to reveal powerful insights
- apply multiple segmentations to analyze your data with finer granularity
Plus you can do different visualization of the data in a click and it will morph the view:
This is pretty cool and trust me, not an easy thing for Google to build and make fast and reliable.
I used it and it dramatically improved how we showcase the performance of our campaigns to our clients.
For advanced reporting guidelines click here.
Let us know your thoughts.