Top 5 questions this week on Online Marketing and Social Media
What is SEO?
Simply put – SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is promoting your website, in order to increase the appearance of one or more of your website pages in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). It’s a direct result to users typing words into search boxes of search engines like Google, Yahoo & Bing.
What are 3 things that I can do to optimize my website for SEO?
- Use the correct titles and keywords on all pages
- Create content for people NOT search engines
- Make each website hyperlink unique. For example, DON’T USE http://www.xyz.com/index.xxx?pageID=123
What is Social Media?
Social media is internet based apps that allow people to interact with each other using text, photos and/or videos. It’s also social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and so forth. In addition, allowing commenting, ratings, reviews and social sharing on your own website is another form of social media.
Give us some ideas for a nonprofit organization social campaign?
- First, decide your goals and success metrics for a campaign. Since campaigns will naturally differ, you should only then decide the next steps.
- Launch a Facebook fundraising event. The nonprofit organization can partner with a business or individual donor and match the donation of each new fan with a certain contribution for their cause.
- Run sweepstakes for tickets to some upcoming arts and cultural shows in the city
- Ask your fans/followers to “Share a Good Deed” that they have done in the past year
- Ask your fans/followers about why they volunteer their time with your non-profit” as a video.
- Use all your online and offline channels to promote the campaign.
Do you have any recommendations on how to increase the number of interactions on my Facebook page?
- Show real people on your Facebook account not your logo.
- Use photos and videos
- Ask open-ended questions
- Directly from your fans/followers, post things that are not only interesting but also good information
- Run contests that highlight your fans/followers more than your brand
- Respond quickly to your fans/followers
- Love your fans/followers and show that in your responses to their posts!
My Facebook page is not working for me and I post lots of content?
Don’t use Facebook as your public communication channel. Start with listening to your followers, customers, and prospects. Then, interact with them about their interests, and lastly do relationship selling.
Follow the CLEAR Philosophy:
- Connect with customers.
- Listen and acknowledge their feedback.
- Engage them in conversation about the product or service.
- So that customers will, in turn, Advocate for their business.
- Repeat the process, thereafter.